Friday, May 16, 2008

The War Store


Today I received my new Plaguebearer boxes (review coming soon) from the always awesome The Warstore. I simply cannot recommend this place enough. Here is a section from his site called "Why Shop Here?"

I know placing an order on the 'net can be intimidating. That is why TheWarStore has built its business on one very important word -- Trust. And that doesn't mean I am asking you to trust me because my mom thinks you should. Of course we have the finest SSL credit card security, a promise never to release your personal information to others, and a sterling reputation on the net for quality service. I am not even asking you to trust me with your order because of that.

I am asking you to trust me because you know where I live.

Let me ask you a question:

Does the site you are considering ordering from have a
contact phone number on their home page? Why not?

I don't care what you are buying on the internet, any thing from any company. Is there is a way for you to reach out and touch the people who have no problem taking your money?

  • I am not talking about some anonymous 'info@X.com" email address, that may or may not be answered this century. Or might be ignored if your email isn't an order.
  • I am not talking about a phone that is not manned when you call, as the 'proprietor' is at his real job during working hours.
  • I am certainly not talking about a phone that is never answered, or one that sends you to a voice mail that is never accessed.

What happens if you need to change or even cancel the order?
Who do you contact if there is a mistake on your shipping address?
What number do you dial if your order is delayed or goes missing during shipment?
Who do you call if your order is mispacked or your have been mis-charged ?

At TheWarStore we have a different philosophy. We want customers to buy from us because they trust us. And you can trust us, because you can always contact us.

My name is Neal Catapano.
My store address is 47420 Main Road, Southold, NY 11971.
My personal email box is neal@thewarstore.net
And you can reach me at the toll free hotline number or my direct line: 631 765 5549.
We are open Monday to Saturday 9AM-6PM Eastern. Give me a call, see if I do not answer.

Access to the boss for both ordering and order problems. You get that at your local Game store, who says you shouldn't be able to get it online?

Probably because they are hiding behind their anonymity. Ask yourself: "Why might they be doing that"?
Precisely.

I've shopped there on and off over the last four years, and have NEVER once been dissatisfied. I've ordered numerous items, totally over a thousand dollars at least, and not once had a problem. The closest I came was ordering too much once. I called back the next morning, and they easily helped me change the order without question. I also love the fact that nine out of ten times when I call, it is Neal himself that answers. Everything goes out fast, his stock is great, and if it's not in stock, I've not had to wait more than two business days for an order to go out when he has to restock something. If I order on a Friday, it is in my hands the following Friday, and he only charges $4.95 for shipping NO MATTER WHAT!

I love this place, and plan on using them as my primary source of goods for the foreseeable future. They have everything there: War Machine, Games Workshop miniatures, various brand-name (excellent choices, by the way, much better than Citadel) paints and brushes and tools, Pen and Paper RPG books, army carrier bags/boxes...EVERYTHING you can imagine, I'd say. Oh, did I mention that ALL Games Workshop stuff is ALWAYS 20% off?

I really can't praise Neal enough. Do yourself a favor and stop by The Warstore today.

To comment on this article, please come by our forums!

[url=http://www.papanurgle.freeforums.org][img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/Dezartfox/papa%20nurgle/forumlinkcopy.jpg[/img][/url]